(This recipe makes 12 scones)
- 1#, 4oz. All Purpose Flour
- 3oz. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8oz. Butter (cold & cut into small cubes)
- 8oz. Buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2oz. “U.G.S.S. Absolutely Everything” Blend
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Have a lined baking tray with silicone mat ready for the scones.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk. Add the cold cubed butter, and with a fork, or pastry cutter, cut it into the mixture until the butter is in small pea sized crumbs and well mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, mix your eggs, buttermilk, and everything seasoning. Begin to mix your wet mixture into your dry. Its going to get crumbly at this point, which it totally fine.
4. There are two ways to approach the shape of your scone from here. I like to use a large ice cream scoop and scoop your scones onto your baking tray which gives lovely circular domes. You can also divide your dough into three portions. Flatten each potion into a disk, and the cut into quarters. This will give you the semi triangle shape scones are known for.
5. Baking in the oven at 425 for 15 min (Add more time if necessary). If you have a powerful convection oven, 325 degrees for 20 minutes also makes an excellent scone. Enjoy!
***One of my extremely talented peers developed this recipe for everyone to enjoy with our spice. Please go check out all her cakes and other baked goods at https://www.sweettreatcreations.com/